Monday, June 7, 2010

Out and About

Emma is now 6 weeks old... where has the time gone?
This past weekend we made our first trip to Cullman to visit my family for the first time since Emma's birth. Emma did a great job as we made the 2 hour trip. I am so glad the she enjoys riding in the car. On Friday night my family came to my parents house to grill out, swim, and hold Emma. I was so proud of her... she was so sweet as she was passed around and never once cried. I must say again that we are so blessed to have such a sweet and easy going baby. It was a great visit and nice to see my mom and dad.

Today Emma and I ventured out of the house for a trip to Publix. I was given the okay on Friday at my Dr.s appointment to finally lift more than 10 pounds. This makes it much easier for me to take Emma out since I can now lift her and carry her in her car seat. It was a great first grocery store visit. She slept through most of the visit which made it easier on me.

Emma is growing, growing, growing! She loves to lay in the floor now and look up at her jungle gym. Last week she found herself in the mirror and talk to herself a little. She now smiles when you talk to her. She still LOVES to kick her legs (especially her left leg.) Bradley and I are in debate as to whether she will be a drummer or a soccer player. She is much more alert now and will hold her head up to look around the room. We love just watching her and observing all of the new things that she is doing and discovering. I am so thankful for this wonderful blessing in my life.

2 comments:

  1. YES!!! It was a wonderful weekend! Not only did I get to love on Emma, I also got to spend some time with Karla and do a few fun things with her and Dwight got to play golf with Bradley. We all enjoyed watching Bradley playing with the boys in the pool. Hope to have more of these fun times soon. Thank you Lord for blessing us with a wonderful daughter & son-in-law and such a precious granddaughter. Your love is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story that little Emma will one day read. I, too, was blessed and honored to get to meet and hold Emma this week-end. She is such a beautiful child and I'm also blessed to have her Grandmother and Mom as my friends.

    ReplyDelete